Cross-platform package manager
Recipes and executables for xpm (cross-platform package manager).
- bash >= 4.0
- curl >= 7.19.7
Platform specific prerequisites information (compilers etc) for contributors is in the documentation.
This code base is responsible for compiling, packaging and installing the software that comprises a stack for a target platform. The target platform is always derived from the platform that the compilation, packaging or installation is performed on.
- Cross platform compilation, packaging and installation
- Software packages grouped into predefined sets primarily targeted at web applications
- All software is compiled, packaged and installed in a sandbox that does not affect any previously installed software
- Safe execution, no compilation or installation as root
- Allow for offline installation
- Minimum number of prerequisites possible
- Use sensible compilation defaults
- Transparent installation locations
- Easy uninstallation