A UDP only syslog transport for winston
A UDP Only Syslog transport for [winston].
$ npm install winston$ npm install winston-syslogUdp **coming soon
This module is based on winston-syslog and syslogUdp and intended to provide a lightweight UDP only winston syslog transport. It was created when the authors experienced challenges with winston-syslog and with winston-loggly.
To use the Syslog transport in [winston], you simply need to require it and then either add it to an existing [winston] logger or pass an instance to a new [winston] logger:
var winston = require'winston';require'winston-syslog'Syslog;winstonaddwinstontransportsSyslog options;
- host: The host running syslogd, defaults to localhost.
- port: The port on the host that syslog is running on, defaults to syslogd's default port.
- pid: PID of the process that log messages are coming from (Default
- facility: Syslog facility to use (Default:
- localhost: Host to indicate that log messages are coming from (Default:
- type: The type of the syslog protocol to use (Default:
Metadata: Logged as string compiled by [glossy].
Because syslog only allows a subset of the levels available in [winston], levels that do not match will be ignored. Therefore, in order to use
winston-syslog effectively, you should indicate to [winston] that you want to use the syslog levels:
var winston = require'winston';winstonsetLevelswinstonconfigsyslog;
Syslog transport will only log to the level that are available in the syslog protocol. These are (in increasing order of severity):