File transport for winston that allows the log files to be rotated depending on size and time.
File Rotate Date Transport
The File transport accepts a filename via the 'filename' option and uses that file as the primary logging target.
Should the file grow past 'maxsize' bytes then the current log file is renamed and a new primary log tile is created.
The name of the renamed log file is formated as such 'basenameYYYYMMDD[a-z].bak'.
Available options are:
- level: Level of messages that this transport should log.
- silent: Boolean flag indicating whether to suppress output.
- timestamp: Boolean flag indicating if we should prepend output with timestamps (default true). If function is specified, its return value will be used instead of timestamps.
- filename: The filename of the logfile to write output to.
- dirname: The folder the logfile will be created in.
- maxsize: Max size in bytes of the logfile, if the size is exceeded then a new file is created.
- json: If true, messages will be logged as JSON (default true).
Metadata: Logged via util.inspect(meta);