A wheelhouse package for using Backbone server side with flatiron. This sets Couch as the data store for the server and is largely a rewrite of backbone-couch. CouchDB communication is via the excellent cradle CouchDB library.
var flatiron =app = flatironappdbPlugin =appappappstart8999
After using the plugin,
Backbone.sync is overridden to use CouchDB on the server.
Your models should override the default
id attribute to use
var model = BackboneModel
The grunt way
You must have grunt-cli installed:
sudo npm i -g grunt-cli
You'll need to have a user on your db with the username
test and the password
The Mocha way
mocha test/specs -ui bdd
security fix it is no longer possible to bypass the delete method by manually setting
Updated publish process.
createdAt back out when they're modified.
- breaking change (kinda) no longer automatically reading options from
app.config.get('db')(this never really was operational anyway)
- update the
backbone/collectionview to only look at ids with a
/in them… for performance.
- Add unit tests
- Updates retry on a document update conflict
- fix error callbacks. They now return just the response … which is as Backbone intended.
- many methods were private before. They're now exposed in
- changes feed now removes attributes from the model that were deleted in the db
- the delete method is now much smarter… by just re-implementing the update method
updatedAtare now automatically created and updated.
- on db update error, don't log the input. It leads to log pollution.
notOriginalfor changes feed upates. This enables ignoring of events on changes that are triggered on another server.
formerly known as flatiron-couch-backbone