Weex Engineering Development Kit
Weexpack is our next generation of engineering development kits. It allows developers to create weex projects with simple commands and run the project on different development platforms.
- Currently only supported on Mac.
- Configure the [Node.js] 1 environment and install the [npm] 2 package manager.
- Configure iOS development environment:
- Install [Xcode IDE] 3 to launch Xcode once so that Xcode automatically installs the Developer Tools and confirms the usage protocol.
- Configure the Android development environment:
- Install [Android Studio] 4 and open the new project. Open the menu bar, open the [AVD Manager] 5, the new Android emulator and start. (If you have installed [Docker] 6, close the Docker Server.)
- Or just download the [Android SDK] 7, run the command line [AVD Manager] 8, create a new Android emulator and launch it.
First, install the weex-pack command globally:
$ npm install -g weexpack
Then, create the weex project:
$ weexpack init appName
Weexpack automatically creates a new directory named appName and pulls the project template to that directory.
The final resulting directory structure looks like this:
-> / appName . |—— .gitignore |—— README.md |—— package.json |—— webpack.config.js |—— /src | |—— index.we |—— /html5 | |—— index.html |—— /ios | |—— /playground | |—— /sdk | |—— /WXDevtool |—— /android | |—— /playground | |—— /appframework
Next, go to the directory, and install the dependencies:
$ cd appName && npm install
On the ios platform, run the project:
$ weexpack run ios
In the android platform, run the project:
$ weexpack run android
On the html5 platform, run the project:
$ weexpack run html5
For developers who have a packaged release, you can make changes directly to the playground project. Follow-up, weexpack will be further added to the packaging, testing and other functions.