Create, Build, Test, Serve and Release. Quickly
- Build and serve static or NodeJS sites
- Automatic browser refresh when source code is changed
- Use Jade or Mustache HTML templating
- Compile Sass and CommonJS or AMD to CSS/JS and
- Test your code and automatically retest on the fly with each code change. True TDD!
- Code coverage reporting by default with adjustable thresholds
- Continuous (or manual) Deployment to github.io, Bower and/or Amazon S3
- Customise the build process using caddy.config.js or using gulp
npm install web-caddy --save-dev
Creating A New Project
To create a new project with a build process, tdd and continuous deployment already set-up
caddy new *project-name*(which will create a directory)
- follow on-screen instructions.
npm startwithin your new directory
Enhancing An Existing Project
Get the CLI (build, test, release etc) working within an existing project
- Copy the caddy.config.js into your project root
- Update the
tasksobject to match the jobs you need doing
- Update the
buildPathsobject to match your directory structure
CLI and NodeJS commands
The web-caddy can be run from the command line or directly from within js files (i.e. a NodeJS script or a gulpfile).
Once required (
var caddy = require('web-caddy');), you can call the following:
|caddy new project-name||unavailable||none|
||styles, scripts, html|
||styles, scripts, html, build, copy|
|karma start xxx.js||unavailable (see karma)||none|
||bower, gh-pages, git|
||bower, gh-pages, s3|
-verbose to the cli to see more logging
-dev to the cli to prevent js/css minification
The CLI and Node will use the config set within caddy.config.js in your project root.
Setup your project to get the most out of
Contributing to the Helper
This project depends on collaboration between developers. Contributions of any size are actively encouraged.