Implementation of a basic subset of node's fs v0.12 api for the web with some caveats.
Run the integration tests in your browser.
var co = ;var fs = ;;// Or without co + generators...fs;
This is only known to work in Firefox currently since support for indexedDB as well as es6 features such as promises, generators, proxies, arrow functions, destructuring, and template strings is assumed.
- No synchronous methods are implemented.
- Asynchronous methods use promises instead of callbacks.
- Neither file permissions nor the methods that let you interact with
them such as
- Methods that take an optional
modeargument in the nodejs api do not honor the
mode(since there are no file permissions).
Low-level apis, buffers, and streams
- None of the lower-level methods like
- There are no buffers. The
appendFile()methods all coerce values to strings.
WriteStreamare not implemented.
exists()is not implemented since it is slated for deprecation in the nodejs api as of v0.12.