A bolder kind of mustache.
Write a mustache templating language that fits more with the idea of view-objects as opposed to view-helpers
Support method helpers fully. This means:
- (Semi)-Automatic invocation.
- "Write what you mean" when it comes to functions.
- Multiple arguments
- Arguments may be primitive types
- Ability to add in custom domain methods at the view object level (how do we do this?)
- Still support helper methods and block helpers, but put the helper methods where they make the most sense
Support object paths like handlebars does
Make it easy to traverse back up to root, and to read as such
More to come...
this, like in coffeescript. This makes it easy to reference the root object context from anywhere.
end style blocks make more sense than
/ to me
- walrus.string: capitalization, casing, hyphenization, etc
- walrus.inflection: pluralization, etc
- walrus.date: date formatting
- walrus.domain: bring raw json objects into the client domain (perhaps theres a better name for this)