A full-featured Webpack setup with hot-reload, lint-on-save, unit testing & css extraction.
This template is Vue 2.0 compatible. For Vue 1.x use this command:
vue init webpack#1.0 my-project
Vue-cli 3 is here, so this template is now considered deprecated.
This template was the main template for vue-cli verison 2.*.
Now that we have released a stable version of vue-cli 3, which incorporates all features that this template offers (and much more), we think that this template doesn't have any significant use for the future, so we won't put much resource in developing it further.
We will try and fix major issues should they arise, but not much more.
Feel free to fork this template if you want to keep it alive.
- For this template: common questions specific to this template are answered and each part is described in greater detail
- For Vue 2.0: general information about how to work with Vue, not specific to this template
This is a project template for vue-cli. It is recommended to use npm 3+ for a more efficient dependency tree.
$ npm install -g vue-cli $ vue init webpack my-project $ cd my-project $ npm install $ npm run dev
This will scaffold the project using the
master branch. If you wish to use the latest version of the webpack template, do the following instead:
$ vue init webpack#develop my-project
The development server will run on port 8080 by default. If that port is already in use on your machine, the next free port will be used.
npm run dev: first-in-class development experience.
- Webpack +
vue-loaderfor single file Vue components.
- State preserving hot-reload
- State preserving compilation error overlay
- Lint-on-save with ESLint
- Source maps
- Webpack +
npm run build: Production ready build.
- HTML minified with html-minifier.
- CSS across all components extracted into a single file and minified with cssnano.
- Static assets compiled with version hashes for efficient long-term caching, and an auto-generated production
index.htmlwith proper URLs to these generated assets.
npm run build --reportto build with bundle size analytics.
- Supports ES2015+ in test files.
- Easy mocking.
npm run e2e: End-to-end tests with Nightwatch.
- Run tests in multiple browsers in parallel.
- Works with one command out of the box:
- Selenium and chromedriver dependencies automatically handled.
- Automatically spawns the Selenium server.
Fork It And Make Your Own
You can fork this repo to create your own boilerplate, and use it with
vue init username/repo my-project