An extremely light-weight and flexible library for adding content on top of content; overlay, modal, dialog, lightbox, popup, slidein, etc.
WARNING! vue-ontop is currently in Alpha - a lot is still needed for it to be usable conveniently in many scenarios.
Albeit it's a little bit rough and unclear at the moment, I very much accept contributions - as long as they adhere to the vision and principles.
- Add package.json - and secure vue-ontop as name in npm
- Do everything required to add vue-ontop to awesome-vue and request it to be added. See https://github.com/vuejs/awesome-vue/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md for details.
- Finalize planned features
- Add more ready-made headers/styles for different tyopes of ontop-content (plain overlay, modal, dialog, lightbox, popup, slidein, etc.)
- Add demo page using GitHub pages?
- Add proper build and distribution pipeline (through local build)
Provide base structure for any type of content dynamically shown on top of page content;
- Light-weight, no cruft
- Simple and sane defaults, easily overriden
- All styling and effects (transitions) customizable
- Simple (and simple-to-use) API following common conventions and best practices
- No/minimal programming in attributes, meaning no templating, no styling in attributes
- No/minimal amount of dependencies
- [x] Global default options
- [x] Container and popovers (instances) decoupled (enables container to be placed in root while each popover can be placed where it belong, to be able to better follow the SRP)
- [x] Container slots for global frame
- [x] Everything over-rideable at popover level
- [x] Esc => Close
- [x] Click on overlay background => Close
- [ ] Global and simple yet fully encompassing JS API (methods) for handling; events, methods; open, close, ...
- [ ] Access to API via scoped slots
- [ ] Events
- [x] Transition between popover instances without re-animating close/open
- [x] Fully SSR compatible
- [x] Multiple container support (e.g. if having multiple types of popovers in the same app)
- [ ] Possible to use as single component (popover as slot content directly in container)
- [ ] Library of ready-made styling sets for different types of popovers and styling
- [ ] Library of ready-made components for creating different types of popovers - should go hand in hand with styling?
- Global installer with global options overriding global defaults
- Global container component where modal will actually show up in the code
- Popover registration component, usable anywhere, for adding a popover which can be shown in the container
For good and bad design, and features, virtually all libraries in awesome-vue in the overlay section