We have achieved most of the architectural goals and new features planned for v3:
- Modular architecture
- "Block tree" optimization
- More aggressive static tree hoisting
- Source map support
- Built-in identifier prefixing (aka "stripWith")
- Built-in pretty-printing
- Lean ~10kb brotli-compressed browser build after dropping source map and identifier prefixing
- Significantly faster
- Simultaneous Composition API + Options API support, with typings
- Proxy-based change detection
- Suspense w/
However, there are still some 2.x parity features not completed yet:
- Server-side rendering
The current implementation also requires native ES2015+ in the runtime environment and does not support IE11 (yet).
See Contributing Guide.