This package has been deprecated
[email protected] is renamed to vss-web-extension-sdk. Please use the new package.
Visual Studio Services Client SDK
This package is renamed to vss-web-extension-sdk. Please use the new package.
This repo contains core client SDK file and TypeScript declare files needed for developing Visual Studio Online Extensions.
VSS.SDK.js enables an extension to communicate to host to perform operations like initializing, notifying extension is loaded or getting context about the current page on the host.
- Add this line:
npm install vss-sdk
bower install vss-sdk
Next step is initializing the extension using two options below:
Implicit handshake// InitializeVSS;// Register callback to get called when initial handshake completedVSS;
Explicit handshake// Initialize with explicitNotifyLoaded set to trueVSS;// Perform some async operation here;
Full API reference of VSS.SDK.js can be found at Core Client SDK page.
- Types of VSS.SDK.js are available in typings/vss.d.ts.
- REST Client types are available in typings/tfs.d.ts
- First, make sure that the dependencies are loaded using below command:
tsd install jquery knockout q --save
- Next, run below command to get vss-sdk types added to tsd.d.ts:
- Finally, add only reference to typings/tsd.d.ts in your TypeScript files.