To provide a YAML editor experience that has parity with the JSON.
- doValidation analyses an input string and returns syntax and lint errors.
- doHover provides hover text for a given location.
- findDocumentSymbols provides all symbols in the given document
- format formats the code.
The following functionality is incomplete:
- doComplete provides completion proposals for a given location.
- doResolve resolves a completion proposals.
Contributions are welcome!
To install dependencies and begin work, run:
To run tests:
vscode-json-languageservice type definitions
This depends on internals of vscode-json-languageservice where relevant type information is not currently published (see Microsoft/vscode-json-languageservice#11). To workaround this limitation, external type definitions are used. When newer type definitions are needed, manually compile vscode-json-languageservice locally and copy the resulting type definitions over the definitions in the
types directory of this project.