USB Video Class (UVC) device configurator
- Fine-tune camera controls on the fly, such as brightness, contrast, saturation, gain, white balance/color temperature, zoom.
- Export/import of settings makes it easy to reliably configure one or more cameras for various situations.
- Command line interface (CLI) with JSON input/output for automation and repeatability.
Do you have another UVC-compatible camera?
npm install --global uvcc
npx to execute with
- List available UVC cameras and camera controls.
- Get/set individual camera controls.
- Export/import full JSON control snapshots using
- Per-user/per-directory/custom configuration files to handle multiple cameras.
Short usage example
First start a program which shows a camera preview, such as Photo Booth on macOS or Cheese on Linux.
# Display commands and options. uvcc --help # Export current configuration. You can save it to a file, modify, and import later. uvcc export # Turn off automatic white balance to manually set the white balance. uvcc set auto_white_balance_temperature 0 # Set the white balance temperature to 2000. # NOTE: the white_balance_temperature range for Logitech C920 is 2000-6500. uvcc set white_balance_temperature 2000 # Set the contrast to 192. # NOTE: the contrast range for Logitech C920 is 0-255, default value 128. uvcc set contrast 192
- Further help and configuration in USAGE.md.
- The ./examples/ directory for some sample output.
- The CHANGELOG.md, in particular for breaking changes.
- Read DEVELOP.md to submit a patch or add your camera output to the examples.
- USB Video Class and list of USB video class devices on Wikipedia.