Table of Contents
UniformCSS is a fully configurable utility generator and CSS framework built entirely in Sass. Get the power of a utility-first workflow without losing the productiveness of Sass. To see documentation, visit uniformcss.com
- Load and configure Uniform directly in Sass
- Build complex UI without ever touching your CSS
- Customizable CSS variable support
- Strict and consistent naming convention
- Collapse pseudo variants with comma compression
- Change utility shorthands, delimiters, and more
- Extract reusable components with
- Access theme settings with API functions
- Enjoy a wide range of colors, tints, shades, and opacities
- Built-in custom keyframe and animation support
Here are the instructions to build your first
uniform.css. Please make sure you have the prerequisites installed before continuing on with the installation steps.
Before you get started, ensure you have the following installed.
Install Dart Sass on Mac OS X or Linux
Install Dart Sass with Homebrew on Mac OS X or Linux by running the following command.
brew install sass/sass/sass
Install Dart Sass on Windows
Install Dart Sass with Chocolatey on Windows by running the following command.
choco install sass
Load and Compile Uniform
Add Uniform as a Sass module to your
main.scss project. Follow these steps to load UniformCSS, compile, and watch for changes.
- Clone the repository
# Change directory to where your main sass file lives cd my-project/sass/ # Clone project git clone https://github.com/ThinkUniform/uniformcss
- Include the Uniform module in your
// main.scss @use "uniform" as *;
- Compile your
- Alternatively, you can compile and watch for changes
- Configure Uniform (optional)
// main.scss @use "uniform" as * with ( $config: ( important: true, comma-compression: true, prefix: myProject, colors: ( custom-color-1: red, custom-color-2: blue ), ... ) );
If you're ever stuck, need help, or wish to have a general discussion about this project, please get involved with the following community channels.
Contributions are what make the open source community such an amazing place to be learn, inspire, and create. Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all the people that have contributed in making this project great!
- Fork the Project
- Create your Feature Branch (
git checkout -b feature/AmazingFeature)
- Commit your Changes (
git commit -m 'Add some AmazingFeature')
- Push to the Branch (
git push origin feature/AmazingFeature)
- Open a Pull Request
The source code is licensed under the MIT agreement. You are more than welcome to clone and customize this repo to suit your needs.