Crypto-currency software allowing to build P2P free currencies
uCoin is a free server-side software allowing to create new P2P crypto-currencies based on individuals and Universal Dividend.
It is mainly inspired from OpenUDC project for that purpose, but differs defining its own open currency protocol called UCP (UCoin Protocol).
Software is still under development, and is not used yet. This means no currency using uCoin exists for now.
However, it is hoped to build a new currency in a near future according to the following roadmap:
- Several POCs (prototypes) of uCoin will be released (first during August/September 2014)
- Code adaptation, cleaning, unit tests
- Beta testing with volunteer people
uCoin is server-side software and will require client GUI to be (easily) used. Feel free to propose yours!
Visit ucoin.io website: it gathers theoretical informations, FAQ and several useful links. If you want to learn, this is the first place to visit.
If you wish to participate/debate on uCoin, you can:
- visit uCoin Forum
- join XMPP chatroom firstname.lastname@example.org
- join diffusion list https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!forum/ucoin
- contact me directly at email@example.com
- Official OpenUDC project website: http://www.openudc.org
- Official OpenUDC repository: https://github.com/Open-UDC/open-udc
- Other project trying to implement OpenUDC in python: https://github.com/canercandan/django-openudc
This software is provided under GPLv3.