U2F-Client: Access U2F/USB keys directly, without browser
For a general description, please see Universal Second Factor authentication. This module provides FIDO client functionality: it provides access to available USB/HID hardware keys (role that usually filled by a web browser).
Using this module, you can build a hardware security system with U2F keys authentication, or provide U2F interface in browser emulation.
To create and check register/sign requests, please see other module: u2f.
- Straightforward, node.js style API: callbacks & events.
- Supports all OS-es via excellent node-hid module.
- it seems linux doesn't provide usage & usagePage information -> use hardcoded vendorId/productId table?
- provide more consistency with respect to concurrent usage at the driver level (login+insert key fails), + don't close device every time.
- provide 'disconnected' event on client.
- test U2FClient, browser api.
- comprehensive timeouts: low-level and BrowserAPI
- command-line interface? (u2f sign, u2f register) maybe another module?