For more advanced, controlled typing effects, TypeIt comes with companion functions that can be chained to control your typing down to a single character or millisecond, enabling you to type an dynamic narrative, with complete reign over speed changes, line breaks, deletions, and pauses.
- Choose to start typing only when your target element becomes visible on the screen.
- Loop your string(s) continuously.
- Use a single TypeIt instance to target several different elements on a page.
- Handle HTML (even nested tags!) with ease, preserving all of its attributes (classes, ids, etc.).
- Use companion functions to chain individual commands together to fine tune your typing.
- Ready to be included via JS module, or as a separate script loaded on your page (both "legacy" and modern bundles are provided).
- No dependencies!
Using TypeIt for an open source or personal project is completely free. To use it in a commercial project, purchase a single license, or an unlimited license that'll never expire, no matter how many times you use it.
See some more examples and try out the sandbox at https://typeitjs.com.
All of TypeIt's documentation can be found at https://typeitjs.com/docs.
Looking for a React Component?
Check out the official React component for TypeIt here.
Please do! The code is available on Github. Check out the CONTRIBUTING.md file to see how to get started.
Know of a Neat Site Using TypeIt?
If you're working with a custom implementation of TypeIt and would like some help, I'm available for hire. Get in touch!
GPL-2.0 © Alex MacArthur