Taskwarrior UI - a responsive web interface to taskwarrior written with Node.js.
npm install -g twui
To start simply type
twui and navigate to
If you want twui to run as a background process use the following:
twui &>/dev/null &
The task summary contains six indicators for the following attributes of a task.
- Description - the majority of text displayed ("explain the task warrior list status indicators")
- Project - the text displayed in thin caps below the description ("TWUI")
- Tags - text prefixed with a 'tag' image ("documentation")
- Due Date - if the task has a due date 'hands' will appear in the circle to the left of the description (like a clock)
- Annotations - if the task has annotations a '+' will occur to the right of the description
- Priority - indicated by color
- grey - no priority
- blue - low priority
- green - medium priority
- red - high priority
Setting up the development environment
- Install node http://nodejs.org/
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/rampantmonkey/twui.git
- Move to directory
- Download dependencies (angular.js)
- Download and install node module dependencies locally
- Start server
Updating to most recent version
- Download latest changes
git pull origin master
- Start server
No such file or directory
/usr/bin/env: node: No such file or directory
This error occurs when the node executable is not in your
Some linux distributions decided to install the node executable as
nodejs instead of
The simple solution is to create a symlink
ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node.
But for those afraid of the file system a package is available to perform the same action -
apt-get install nodejs-legacy.
This software - © Casey Robinson 2014 - is released under the MIT license.
You can find a copy in LICENSE.txt or at opensource.org.