Typescript DG600F coin acceptor protocol
npm install ts-dg600f
The library assumes certain settings on the DG600F. See its technical manual for how to set these
|DIP-switch||On Off On Off|
|Signal output format||3 bytes (
|Serial Or Parallel Port||Serial|
A short summary:
- Hold the A (left) button for ~2 second to enter coin parameters. The display should show "CP"
- (Optional) Hold B for ~2 second to clear all existing parameters. The display should flash "CC". Press A to return to "CP"
- With the A button cycle to the coin you want to train (CP)
- Press B. The display will show "00" (or the value you programmed for that coin)
- With B select the value for this coin (range
A0). This code assumes the value is
Math.ceil(value_in_cents/2). So a €2 coin is
A0, a €0,50 coin is
25and a €0,05 coin is
- Make sure the acceptor is in the same position as you intend to use it. The acceptor should nearly perpendicular to the ground.
- Enter (different!) samples of the coin you want to detect until the machine beeps and displays "F". It will take max 20 coins.
- Press A to return to CP and redo steps 3-8 until all coins are trained
- Take a FDTI cabel
- Connect GROUND from FDTI (black) to Ov of the device (pin 3)
- Connect RX from FDTI (yellow) to serial output of the device (pin 2)
- Connect 12V (from external power source) to 12V of the device (pin 1)
6 Coin Acceptor <=> 12 Power Supply <=> 5V FTDI 12v <=> +12V <=> -(NC)- Serial Output <=> -(NC)- <=> RXI 0V <=> GND <=> GND Counter Output <=> -(NC)- <=> -(NC)- Inhibiting Port <=> -(NC)- <=> -(NC)- Note: -(NC)- means that there is nothing connected.