Delaunay Triangulation pattern maker
This project allows you to create beautiful high quality images featuring a nice pattern created from Delaunay triangulation and applying a flat surface shader. These images could be used for:
- Blog post headers
- And more
The tool provides export to PNG and SVG formats. With SVG format you could create an image of virtually any size, even as big as a billboard. Go crazy with it!
Show me some results!
Here are a few of most obvious uses for the tool:
You can also see some examples of the patterns made with this tool in this repository in the examples folder (the first one had text overlay added in Photoshop):
- To add a new light press Enter key on your keyboard or increase count manually via the slider.
- To "drop" or "pick up" the currently selected light, press Space bar.
- To change colors of the lights, change the ambient and diffuse color controls.
- To export as SVG select SVG in the "renderer" panel and then export the image via "Export big" button. Then navigate to "File -> Save as" in the browser's menu to save the resulting image to your computer.
Download this repository and run index.html in your browser or open this link.
npm install firstname.lastname@example.org
Build (cd into 'build' folder first):
The shader work was done by Matthew Wagerfield on his MIT-licensed repository.
Maksim Surguy @msurguy
There are a few things that can be improved to make this tool even better.
Add varying depth of the vertices of the triangles(Done as of 4/15/2014) Add more color variation and presets(Done as of 4/25/2014 with the randomizer functionality)
- Add text overlay and customizer for text
If you can do any of these things - feel free to make a pull request!
Licensed under MIT. Enjoy.