This package provides common gulp tasks for TouchstoneJS projects with:
- Browserify for transforming JSX and creating distribution builds
- Watchify for automatic, efficient rebundling on file changes
- Express for serving examples during development
- LESS stylesheets
In future versions, you'll be able to configure the tasks (including which tasks are run, source files and folder paths, etc).
The tasks assume you are following the following conventions for your project:
- Your app has a single entry point in a source folder
- Source consists of
- Static file(s) (e.g. html, images, etc)
- One or more stylesheets to be generated with LESS
- One or more scripts to be bundled with Browserify
- Everything will be packaged into the
wwwfolder and built with Cordova
Example project structure
package.json config.xml gulpfile.js src/ index.html img/... fonts/... css/ app.less js/ app.js
For a complete example see Thinkmill/touchstone-starter
npm install --save-dev touchstonejs-tasks gulp reactify
Note You need to install
reactify in your
devDependencies along with
touchstonejs-tasks, because they must exist in the root
node_modules directory of your project.
In your gulpfile, call this package with your
gulp instance and
config. It will add the tasks to gulp for you. You can also add your own tasks if you want.
var gulp =initGulpTasks = ;;
I wrote this package because maintaining build processes across multiple projects became a repetitive chore with large margin for error.
Although its quite opinionated, hopefully it will be a useful resource for other projects.
Please let me know if you think anything could be done better or you'd like to see a feature added. Issues and PR's welcome.
MIT. Copyright (c) 2014 Jed Watson.