tldrlegal is a Node.js command-line tool that checks your dependencies for license requirements using a legal resource called tldrlegal.com which provides plain English software license interpretations.
- State Changes - You must state significant changes made to the software.
- Disclose Source - You must disclose your source code when you distribute your software.
- Give Credit - You must display an acknowledgement in all advertising materials mentioning features or use of the software.
npm install -g tldrlegalcd my-js-projecttldrlegal
Command Line Options
tldrlegal --helpUsage: tldrlegal [options]Options:-h, --help output usage information-V, --version output the version number--folder <path> set path to project root with node_modules/ directory--closed-source whether the project is being distributed as closed-source
- Node.js v6.x.x or newer
- This tool is not a replacement for proper legal consultation.
- Please be advised that the information provided by this tool may not be 100% accurate.
- Thanks to all the contributors of tldrlegal.com who helped make this possible.
- Thanks to all the contributors of franciscop/legally, a package that determines your dependencies' licenses with great accuracy.