This allows you to
- obtain sensor values and events for all SensorTag sensors,
- define complex services, event processing, storyboards and Jobs combining the SensorTag with other Devices, Sensors and Actors,
- remote access to your SensorTag devices from everywhere over the Internet.
Installation of NodeJS and [thing-it-node]
First, install nodejs on your computer (e.g. your PC or your Raspberry Pi).
Then install [thing-it-node] via
npm install -g thing-it-node
Initialization and Start of [thing-it-node]
The [thing-it-device-ti-sensortag] Plugin is installed with [thing-it-node], hence there is no need to install it separately.
The Plugin supports Autodiscovery, hence you only have to create a directory in which you intend to run the configuration, e.g.
mkdir ~/hue-test cd ~/hue-test
and then start [thing-it-node] via
Push the Advertisement Button on the SensorTag.
On the [thing-it] Mobile App or in the browser, confirm the registration of the SensorTag.
You will be able monitor the SensorTag from the [thing-it] Mobile App immediately.
The UI depends on the settings of sensor quantities to be observed, e.g.
Where to go from here ...
After completing the above, you may be interested in
- Configuring additional Devices, Groups, Services, Event Processing, Storyboards and Jobs via your [thing-it] Mobile App.
- Use thing-it.com to safely connect your Node Box from everywhere, manage complex configurations, store and analyze historical data and offer your configurations to others on the [thing-it] Mesh Market.
- Explore other Device Plugins like Philips Hue, Plugwise Smart Switches and many more. For a full set of Device Plugins search for thing-it-device on npm. Or write your own Plugins.