The Plugin currently supports a number of concrete Devices
- Switch (EEP F6-02, Rocker Switch)
- Occupancy Sensor (EEP A5-07)
- Power Outlet/Plug (EEP D5-00-01)
- Temperature Sensor (EEP A5-02)
Over time, we are going to support a broader bandwidth of EnOcean Equipment Profiles.
Installation and Configuration
Installation of NodeJS and [thing-it-node]
First, install nodejs on your computer (e.g. your PC or your Raspberry Pi).
Then install [thing-it-node] via
npm install -g thing-it-node
Initialization and Start of [thing-it-node]
The [thing-it-device-enocean-ip] Plugin is installed with [thing-it-node], hence there is no need to install it separately.
The Plugin supports Autodiscovery, hence you only have to create a directory in which you intend to run the configuration, e.g.
mkdir ~/enocean-test cd ~/enocean-test
and then start [thing-it-node] via
Install the [thing-it] Mobile App from the Apple Appstore or Google Play and set it up to connect to [thing-it-node] locally as described here or just connect your browser under http://localhost:3001.
EnOcean Device Setup
Connect your EnOcean Gateway to an IP network reachable from the [thing-it-node] Gateway you have configured above and connect/pair all EnOcean Devices to it.
As Auto-discovery is not in place yet, you will have to configure the connected Devices manually as e.g. in the sample configuration.
The following screenshot shows the Devices in sample configuration:
This Plugin also contains a simulator to simulate EnOcean IP Gateways. To run the simulator invoke
in the server subdirectory which simulates a Gateway connected to the Devices in the sample configuration.
Where to go from here ...
After completing the above, you may be interested in
- Connecting additional Devices and configuring Groups, Services, Event Processing, Storyboards and Jobs via your [thing-it] Mobile App.
- Use thing-it.com to safely connect your Gateway Computer from everywhere, manage complex configurations, store and analyze historical data
- Explore other Device Plugins like Texas Instruments Sensor Tag, Philips Hue Lighting and many more. For a full set of Device Plugins search for thing-it-device on npm. Or write your own Plugins.