Cesium plugin to add textured building from a WFS source
This Cesium plugin allows you to visualize textured 3D objects coming from a WFS server.
It is currently mainly used to display buildings.
It currently features :
- Object Picking
You can see a demo video here : https://vimeo.com/119770865
The setup we use to serve 3D buildings to Cesium is the following one :
- PostGIS 2.0+ database with 3D and SFCGAL support
- 3DCityDB importer to read CityGML and import it to the database
- Latest TinyOWS to provide WFS web service for PostGIS data
- Static file served by Apache for textures
- (Optional) MapServer WMS web services for background layer
You can follow our workshop if you want to setup the server infrastructure :
WFS 3D format
Here will soon be the description of the 3D format expected from the WFS server.
- WFS format documentation
- Improve performances
- Object packing
- LOD for geometries
- LOD for textures (with IIP server)
- Vincent Mora firstname.lastname@example.org (Oslandia)
Thanks to Grand Lyon for releasing their 3D models as open data.
This work is released under the LGPL v2.1 or later licence. See LICENSE file.