Measure temperatures with temper1 usb thermometers.
A node module to measure temperatures with a temper1 usb thermometer from http://pcsensor.com. Supports multiple thermometers attached.
- Mac OS or Linux (kernel 2.6+) or Windows XP+
- node.js >=v0.8
- libudev-dev (Linux only)
- git (needed by hid-api)
sudo apt-get install lubudev-dev (Linux only) npm install temper1
- Add the udev rule set in /etc/udev/rules.d/ using the 60-temper.rules
- Add a 'temper' group (using groupadd or edit the /etc/group file)
- Add users to the 'temper' group
- Reload the udev rules: udevcontrol reload_rules (if that command doesn't exists then you will need to restart udev using the supported method for your distribution, or simply reboot)
- Unplug and replug the TEMPer1 device
var thermometers=require"temper1";var devices=thermometersgetDevices;console.log"Devices found:"+devices;thermometersreadTemperaturedevices0console.log"Result:"+value;;
- read multiple thermometers simultanously
- add Fahrenheit and Kelvin output
- add correction function
- node-temper1 is sponsored by http://kwiqly.com
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2011 Andreas Müller
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.