Tapper (tapr) is a node.js tap test runner which allows stdout and stderr mixed in with the tap output and also presents assert output in a more abbreviated fashion. Tapper also optionally adds color to the output. Core based on Isaac Z Schlueter original tap runner. Because of Isaac's modular design Tapr/Tapper customizes the runner but uses all the original tap components.
Tapper (aka tapr) is a node.js tap runner which allows stdout and stderr mixed in with the tap output. Also tapper adds color to the output. Core based on Isaac Z Schlueter original tap runner.
- More concise formatting of tap output (easier to find what you care about)
- Improve ability to write to stdout and stderr from tests or code
- stdout/stderr is muted for successful tests, but displayed for files with failing tests
- Add optional colorized output
npm install tapr # install locally# ORnpm install -g tapr # install globally
Add to your project package.json
"devDependencies":"tapr" : "~0.1.0"
Then npm install your package with dev dependencies from the project directory
Pull from github - http://github.com/jeffbski/tapper
node_modules/.bin/tapr.js fileOrDir # if installed locally#ORtapr fileOrDir # if installed globally#tapr # display usagetapr --help # display usagetapr --version # display versiontapr --no-color fileOrDir # run without color output
- v0.1.0 - 2011-11-28 - tapr - change bin/tapper to bin/tapr for convenient typing. tapr is also short for tap runner
- v0.0.6 - 2011-11-22 - Tapper is based on the original tap code with minor changes. The runner will evolve with features as time permits but appears to be fully functional.
Stderr and stdout is muted except for files which have a failing test
- Green - successful tests and files
- Red - failed tests and files
- Blue - test names
- Modifications by author: Jeff Barczewski (@jeffbski)
- Original code Isaac Z. Schlueter email@example.com http://blog.izs.me
- Source code repository: http://github.com/jeffbski/tapper
- Ideas and pull requests are encouraged - http://github.com/jeffbski/tapper/issues
- You may contact me at @jeffbski or through github at http://github.com/jeffbski