Stormpath Node.js SDK
A simple user management library for Node.js.
This library is a wrapper for the Stormpath REST API. It is a collection of methods that allow you to create, modify, and update resources in the REST API, without having to manually make HTTP calls from your own code.
Stormpath is a User Management API that reduces development time with instant- on, scalable user infrastructure. Stormpath's intuitive API and expert support make it easy for developers to authenticate, manage and secure users and roles in any application.
This library provides low-level access to all of Stormpath's features, to name a few:
- Robust authentication and authorization.
- Schemaless user data.
- Social login with Facebook and Google OAuth.
- Generate and manage API keys for your service.
- Stateless authentication with JWTs.
Because this library gives you basic low-level access to the REST API only, it may not always be the best choice for the problem that you are trying to solve. If you want to work with a more comprehensive framework integration, please see the other libraries that are listed below.
This library is fully documented with JsDoc, please visit the site here: Stormpath Node.js SDK Documentation
npm install stormpath
Everything starts with a Client instance, which you create like so:
// Assumes API keys are in environment variables, or stormpath.yamlvar stormpath = ;var client = ;
With a Client instance, you can do many operations, like fetching all of the accounts in your Stormpath Tenant:
// Fetch all the accounts in my Stormpath Tenantclient;
This library is a low-level wrapper for the Stormpath REST API. We also provide high-level libraries for popular frameworks, these libraries provide default views for login and registration, as well as many other features for adding authentication and authorization to your full-stack web or mobile application.
Express-Stormpath - A deep integration with Express that will add default view for authentication, and provide a JSON API for front-end and mobile clients to use for authentication.
Stormpath Angular SDK - This library provides default login and registration views in your Angular application, and communicates with Express-Stormpath via its JSON API to authenticate the user, and tell Angular about the logged-in user. This library can be used with other back-end frameworks, for more integrations see https://docs.stormpath.com
Stormpath React SDK - This library provides routes and components for React that will allow you to solve common user management tasks using Stormpath, such as login and signup. It communicates with Express-Stormpath via its JSON API to authenticate the user and provide user context to your React application. This library can be used with other back-end frameworks, for more integrations see https://docs.stormpath.com
- API Key Management for Node – A Sample App
- Build an API Service with Oauth2 Authentication, using Restify and Stormpath
- Build an app with AngularJS, Node.js and Stormpath in 15 minutes
- Build a React.js Application with User Authentication
- Build a REST API for Your Mobile Apps using Node.js
- Build a Webapp with Node, Express, Bootstrap & Stormpath
- Deploy Stormpath on Heroku with Express.js
We're here to help if you get stuck. There are several ways that you an get in touch with a member of our team:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open a Github Issue on this repository.
- Join us on our Slack channel: https://talkstormpath.shipit.xyz/
Copyright © 2015 Stormpath, Inc. and contributors.
This project is open-source via the Apache 2.0 License.