Listen to Spotify together, with anyone, anywhere in the world, in real time.
npm install spotluck -g
Start a channel
spotluck start <channel_id> [--anarchy]
- If no channel_id is specified a random one will be created
- --anarchy flag is optional (anarchy mode allows anyone to control the player)
Tune in to a Channel
spotluck play channel_id
Spotluck lets you listen to Spotify with other people at the same time. I havn't fully tested it but you should be able to have a bunch of people all synced together. And when I say synched, you are synced to the second of a song.
There are two modes - normal and anarchy. Let me point form it.
spotluck start <channel_id>
In normal mode, the person who starts the channel controls everything.
- If they pause their Spotify, everyone who is listening also pauses.
- If they skips forward/backward in a song, everyone listening also does
- If they change songs, everyone else will change.
- If someone listening tries to do one of the above you will be unable to and you will be synched back up with the channel creator
spotluck start <channel_id> --anarchy
In anarchy mode, the channel creator and anyone who is listening can control everything, like:
- If anyone changes a song, everyone else will start playing that song
- If someone skips in a song, everyone else will.
- However, if someone (even channel creator) pauses, only they will. And when they play next they will be syched up.