Unobtrusive realtime mouse-tracking analytics for node.js
- Realtime mousemove, click, scroll, resize, connect, and disconnect observers
- Only broadcast cursor positions to admin, not to other clients. This way visitors won't be bothered with cursor positions they don't care about.
- Works in Safari 3+, Google Chrome 4+, Firefox 3+, Opera 10.61+, Internet Explorer 5.5+
server.js in node (see step 4 of How to Use, below) and then open
index.html in one browser window and
admin.html in another. Try with multiple
index.html windows open to test concurrent connections.
npm install snipes
git clone git://github.com/jasonbarry/snipes.git
- Paste the following right before your
</body> tag on the page you'd like to observe:
- Edit the last line of
'localhost' to the URI of your server.
- Change the
src attribute of the
admin.html to the path of the page you're observing.
- Then just
node server.js and you're good to go! (or
nohup node server.js & if you want it to run in the background)
- Socket.io - client/server communication leveraging HTML5 WebSockets with a Flash-based fallback.
Please report issues on the GitHub page.
- Admin view can only view one page at a time
- Cursor positions are not accurate with fluid widths or when the window width is less than the body width
- Filter cursors by user agent, referral page, country, language, etc
- Live heatmaps ala heatmap.js