Snarkdown is a dead simple 1kb Markdown parser.
It's designed to be as minimal as possible, for constrained use-cases where a full Markdown parser would be inappropriate.
- Fast: since it's basically one regex and a huge if statement
- Tiny: it's 1kb of gzipped ES3
- Simple: pass a Markdown string, get back an HTML string
Note: Tables are not yet supported. If you love impossible to read regular expressions, submit a PR!
Note on XSS: Snarkdown doesn't sanitize HTML, since its primary target usage doesn't require it.
Demos & Examples
- ⚛️ Snarky - markdown editor built with Preact & Snarkdown
- ✏️ Simple Markdown Editor
Snarkdown exports a single function, which parses a string of Markdown and returns a String of HTML. Couldn't be simpler.
The snarkdown module is available in every module format you'd ever need: ES Modules, CommonJS, UMD...
;let md = '_this_ is **easy** to `use`.';let html = ;console;// <em>this</em> is <strong>easy</strong> to <code>use</code>.
Add-ons and Libraries
- For Webpack users,
snarkdown-loaderrenders markdown files to html.