A frontend test and audit framework. Extensible with WebPipes.
Frontend test and audit framework. Extensible with plugins.
Snailer is a web-crawler with support for plugins (via WebPipes) for testing and auditing websites.
Snailer is not a node.js module, it's a daemon and CLI for comprehensively testing and auditing the performance of web applications.
Global installation is highly recommended in order to gain access to the CLI and plugins.
$ npm [-g] install snailer
- Average, mean, median, max page size
- Response time
- Number of asset hosts
- Assets on CDN?
- Assets Cacheable?
- Mobile Cacheable?
- Selector Caching
- Cache Function Pointers (e.g.)
- Do certain page vars/selectors exist?
- Are certain assets present?
- Status codes
- Certain DOM elements present? disqus?
- Retina assets?
- Scan for spelling mistakes/grammar
- Scan for injections, or vulnerabites.
- Forms without CSRF
- YSlow stats
- Find dead CSS
- Find dead JS (based on selector)
- Determine if certain "dead" marketing-speak isn't supposed to appear.
- Find candidates for sprites ([http://spriteme.org/](via SpriteMe]))