Static site generator with a bare minimum set of features.
- Generate html from markdown sources
- Support for ejs templates
- Page metadata (front-matter)
- Default theme
- Admin panel with authentication
- Online markdown editor
- Image upload
- No database, everthing is file based
For a more complete feature set see smolpress.
Requires node.js >= 10.0
npm install -g smol cd blog smol init export SMOL_VAULT_PASSWORD=yourpassword smol start
Alternate installation (that doesn't involve the global
git clone https://github.com/mihaifm/smol blog cd blog npm install export SMOL_VAULT_PASSWORD=yourpassword node index.js
localhost:3939 to view your blog and
localhost:3939/admin to manage posts.
Smol provides a single user that is created when visiting
/admin. User data is stored in a text file
(data/vault.txt) which is encrypted with the password available in the
SMOL_VAULT_PASSWORD environment variable.
- SMOL_VAULT_PASSWORD - encryption password for the "vault" containing user data.
- SMOL_PORT - server port. Default:
- SMOL_SRC_PATH - path to the markdown page sources. Default:
- SMOL_OUTPUT_PATH - path to the generated static files. Default:
- SMOL_DATA_PATH - path to the data folder. Default: