Maps urls to simplified strings usable as filenames
Converts urls to simplified strings
slugify-url maps urls to a sanitized string that can be used as a filename and serves as a good mnemonic of the original url even though it is not reversible
- It skips the protocol and user/password if provided part from the URL (http:// or https:// or ://:@ )
- It maps slashes to !
- Unless a unixOnly option is given it maps all windows invalid chars to !
- It collapses multiple !'s to a single !
- It omits ending !'s
- It truncates the URL to 100 chars
- It includes an optional options argument that allows the user to override the behavior
- slashchar char used to replace slashes - default !
- maxlength default 100
- skipprotocol default true
- skipuserpass default true