Skeletonic CSS - A lightweight, intuitive, accessible and ultra-responsive cascading style sheets framework to streamline your Digital and Mobile Web development needs.
Table of contents
- Introducing Skeletonic CSS
Skeletonic is constantly in development. Try it out now!
Several quick start options are available:
- Download the latest release
- Install with Npm to get the pre-built CSS and sourcemaps. This is recommended when using Skeletonic for a typical web project:
npm install skeletonic
- Install with Yarn to get the pre-built CSS and sourcemaps. This is recommended when using Skeletonic for a typical web project:
yarn add skeletonic
- Clone the main repository to get all source files including build scripts:
git clone https://github.com/sebastienrousseau/skeletonic.git
Within the download you'll find all the source files, compiled and minified CSS bundles as well as the CSS sourcemaps grouped into the
You'll see something like this:
skeletonic-1.2.1 ├── skeletonic-animations.css ├── skeletonic-animations.css.map ├── skeletonic-animations.min.css ├── skeletonic-colours.css ├── skeletonic-colours.css.map ├── skeletonic-colours.min.css ├── skeletonic-fonts.css ├── skeletonic-fonts.css.map ├── skeletonic-fonts.min.css ├── skeletonic-pattern.css ├── skeletonic-pattern.css.map ├── skeletonic-pattern.min.css ├── skeletonic.css ├── skeletonic.css.map └── skeletonic.min.css
Now simply link one of these CSS in your HTML document. In that case, the quickest and easiest way to start using skeletonic is to include a reference to the minified CSS file.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="skeletonic.min.css" />
The link consists of just a simple line of HTML code that you will need to put in the
<head> section of your HTML document.
Please feel free to grab the latest:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://unpkg.com/skeletonic/dist/skeletonic.min.css" />
You can also specify a specific version as per below. The latest version as of today is 1.2.1.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://firstname.lastname@example.org/dist/skeletonic.min.css" />
We provide a growing library of extensible CSS module files, utilities, themes and components ready to use as is to fit your web needs.
CSS Responsive Grid-View
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="skeletonic-pattern.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="skeletonic-colours.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="skeletonic-animations.min.css" />
Alternate CDN locations
The following table lists alternate CDN locations where Skeletonic is hosted.
For transparency into our release cycle and in striving to maintain backward compatibility, Skeletonic is maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines.
- Gulp - The streaming build system
- Stylus - Expressive, robust, feature-rich CSS language built for nodejs
- CSScomb - CSS coding style formatter
Please read carefully through our Contributing Guidelines for further details on the process for submitting pull requests to us.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to preserving and fostering a diverse, welcoming community. Please read our Code of Conduct.
- We believe perfection must consider everything.
- We take our passion beyond Code into our daily practices.
- We are just obsessed about creating and delivering exceptional solutions.
- See Skeletonic Release list.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details
Credit also goes to the following source code libraries: