GUI For Developers and Node OS.
- Fast and Lightweight
- Designed for Developers
- Just work (try to fix problems automatically, or, if unable, explain how to fix them)
- Enhance your productivity
- Window Manager's and app's client can run on different computer than server
npm i -g silk-gui silk
silk - Starts silk -d - outputs more information to terminal. Useful for debugging -r - gives you an url to visit to use silk remotely -o - opens Silk GUI in a full screen window
localhost:3000 or the remote url in a web browser.
Install apps using the App Manager.
Create an App
It is simple to create an app for Silk. Get Started!
How It Works
The core does basically three things:
- Routing. Though apps using the new app framework have their own server and router.
- Manage the apps.
- Provide an api. There is a client api for apps to interact with the window manager and their server, as well as a server api for interacting with the core.
The window manager that is included with Silk GUI by default is Sleek.
All of the remainaing functionality is handled by apps, such as the app defaults app.
All contributions are greatly appreciated.
To run locally:
git clone https://github.com/zodern/Silk.git cd Silk npm install bower install