The database of GIFs for https://www.shipit.today
How to Contribute
- Be a good person
- Add GIFs that can be used in the context of shipping code reviews, design reviews or just any "Looks good to me" or "Ship it!" moments
- You can add as many as you'd like
- Use GIFs at a reasonable size, no more than 5MB.
- GIFs should come from one of the approved domains in domains.json
- GIFs need to pass all tests and be approved in a Pull Request.
- Keep names all lowercase, the only special character that is allowed is a dash
- Include all fields:
- Don't remove or rename any previously submitted GIFs as they could be used in the wild already.
- If a GIF is broken, mark the active state to 0 or fix the URL.
- Add a description so it is easy to understand the content of the GIF without opening it.
- No graphic content.
Rules that will be tested
- The existing entries cannot be removed
- The existing names cannot be changed
- The _id is required
- The _id needs to be the same as its index in the array
- The _id needs to be a number
- The name is required
- The name must be less than 50 characters
- The name must be greater than 1 character
- The name must be unique
- The name must only contain lowercase letters, numbers and dashes (-)
- The name must start with a lowercase letter
- The url paths must be unique
- The url is required
- The url must be less than 2000 characters
- The url protocol must start with https://
- The url domain must be an approved domain
- The url must not have query params
- The url must not have a fragment
- The url path must end with .gif
- The description cannot contain special characters
- The description is required
- The description must be less than 200 characters
- The active state is required
Structure of new submissions
Submitting a contribution
- Add your gif to the end of the gifs array in
gifs.jsonwith the correct JSON structure
npm testto make sure everything passes
- Create a pull request with the changed
- Make sure to include the GIF in an image tag in the comment section of the Pull Request for easy review
- Wait for submission to be approved
Created by @seantomburke ©2020