- Compatible with PouchDB and CouchDB (or any database that uses the CouchDB API).
- Realtime session data synchronization between processes (if PouchDB/CouchDB server is used)
- Default in-memory PouchDB instance.
- Custom PouchDB instance.
- Scavenge and purge invalid/expired sessions.
npm install session-pouchdb-store --save
This will install
session-pouchdb-store and add it to your application's
If you use a remote PouchDB server, make sure the database exists prior to start your application/s
Use with your express session middleware, like this:
constexpress =session =PouchSession = ;let app = ;app;app;
By default, PouchSession creates an in-memory database for testing purposes. You can pass your own instance or connect to a remote PouchDB/CouchDB server:
Remote PouchDB server
const PouchDB = ;let db = "sessions"adapter:'leveldb';app;
In order to synchronize session data, the current version of the store requires a remote PouchDB server, so multiple express processes can connect to the same database and perform synchronization.
new PouchSession(pouchInstance, options)
Creates a new store instance. The first argument can be one of the following:
- undefined If no arguments is passed, a default in-memory instance is created.
- PouchDB instance The PouchDB instance that will be used by the store.
- URL string A URL string to a remote PouchDB/CouchDB server.
- string A simple string is used as a file path for leveldb storage
Options is an object that allows overriding some store behaviours:
- maxIdle Max time in ms a session can go idle. When this time exceeds, the session is remove from the store cache. Note that a session can be idle and still be a valid session; session expiration is defined by the express-session module. The purpose of this parameter is to release from memory sessions that are not being used.
- scavenge Interval time in ms that the store will search and release maxIdle sessions.
- purge Interval time in ms that the the store will remove expired sessions from the database.
Default options are as follows:
Here is a list of all available options:
var options =// Max idle time in msmaxIdle : 5*60*1000// Scavenge period in msscavenge : 1000// Database purge period in mspurge : 5*60*1000;