Efficient task automation platform for web developers
Runup is a task automation platform specific for front-end web application development with a strong focus on performance. Not being general purpose is a very conscious choice because it allows for more optimization and more useful features for this specific use case.
- Separation of development and build concerns: optimized for fast feedback during development and high quality during build.
- Define tasks in flows, a powerful and flexible extension mechanism using standard Node.js files.
- No need for countless
runup-*plugins to glue things together, in stead writing your own flows and integrating directly with existing tools is easy.
- Assets are processed on demand when your browser requests them and are never saved to disk. Unchanged assets are cached in memory.
- Includes all essential infrastructure you need, working out of the box:
- Integrated web server
- Integrated source file watcher
- Live browser refresh
- Asset hashing for cache busting
- Lightweight: efficient architecture with carefully chosen and minimal dependencies; starts in around half a second.
$ npm install --saveDev runup
You can add
--global to install the "binary" globally, but it's usually not necessary as Runup can be easily setup through NPM scripts.
The best way is via NPM scripts:
Then run one of:
$ npm run dev $ npm run build
devstarts Runup in development mode.
buildmakes a release build.
You can off course also use the CLI directly:
$ [./node_modules/.bin/]runup [build]
node_modules prefix is not needed with a
Finally, you can also use the API.