rest-hapi is a hapi plugin that generates RESTful API endpoints based on mongoose schemas. It provides a powerful combination of relational structure with NoSQL flexibility. You define your data models and the rest is done for you. Have your API up and running in minutes!
- Automatic generation of CRUD and association endpoints with middleware support
- joi validation
- Route-level and document-level authorization
- Swagger docs for all generated endpoints
- Query parameter support for searching, sorting, filtering, pagination, and embedding of associated models
- Endpoint activity history through Audit Logs
- Support for policies via mrhorse
- Duplicate fields
- Support for "soft" delete
- Optional metadata for documents
- Mongoose wrapper methods
- ...and more!
View the swagger docs for the live demo:
Or, for a more complete example, check out the appy api:
Check out the docs on the official site!
(NOTE: For an alternative quick start, check out his awesome yeoman generator for rest-hapi.)
- Clone the demo repo
$ git clone https://github.com/JKHeadley/rest-hapi-demo.git $ cd rest-hapi-demo
- Install the dependencies
$ npm install
- Seed the models
$ ./node_modules/.bin/rest-hapi-cli seed
- Start the server
$ npm start
- View the API docs at
appy: A boilerplate web app.
rest-hapi-demo: A simple demo project implementing rest-hapi in a hapi server.
We welcome contributions to rest-hapi! These are the many ways you can help:
- Submit patches and features
- Improve the documentation and website
- Report bugs
- Follow us on Twitter
- Participate in the gitter community
- And donate financially!
Thanks goes to each one of our contributors! 🙏
Support us with a monthly donation and help us continue our activities! Become a backer.
If you have any questions/issues/feature requests, please feel free to open an issue. We'd love to hear from you!
Like this project? Please star it!
rest-hapi is licensed under a MIT License.