v6 branch! The docs below are for the stable 5.x.x version.React Static v6 is under active development on the
A progressive static-site generator for React.
React Static is a fast, lightweight, and powerful framework for building static-progressive React applications and websites. It's been carefully designed to meet the highest standards of SEO, site performance, and user/developer experience.
- ⚛️ 100% React (or Preact!)
- 🚀 Blazing fast builds and performance.
- 🚚 Data Agnostic. Supply your site with data from anywhere, however you want.
- ✂️ Automatic code and data splitting for routes!
- 💥 Instant page views via PRPL pattern.
- 🎯 Built for SEO.
- 🥇 React-first developer experience.
- 😌 Painless project setup & migration.
- 💯 Supports 100% of the React ecosystem. Including CSS-in-JS libraries, custom Query layers like GraphQL, and even Redux.
- 🔥 Hot Reloadable out-of-the-box. Edit React components & styles in real-time.
- 📲 LAN accessible dev environment for testing on other devices like phones and tablets.
Videos & Tutorials
- Quick Start with Styled Components (20 min)
- Introducing React Static! How it works and why we built it! (80 min)
- Using React Static to replace Create React App (5 min)
Sites Built with React Static
- React-Static.js.org (source)
- React-Charts.js.org (source)
- Nozzle.io (source)
- HeadlessCMS.org (source)
- StaticGen.com (source)
- Manta.life (source)
- Manticore Games
- David York - Personal Blog
- Cryptagon - Crypto Portfolio Tracker
- Typetalk - Chat App for Businesses and Teams
- Lam Hieu - Personal Website
- Elsa Salonen - Artist Portfolio
- PSD Wizard: On-demand Front-End Coding Service
- NYC Vintage Map
- Eldar Labs - Utilities and Productivity Tools
- Dan Webb - Personal Website (source)
- Intuit Turbo
- Messenger Corp. client asset ordering
- Digital Neighborhood watch service
- Carmen Marcos Art - Artist Portfolio (source)
- BlockAce - Blockchain Jobs Board
- Luke Haas - Personal Website
- KleineKoning.nl - Webshop
- Savieo - Save Web Videos
- Anagrams.io - Anagram generator
- Stoplight.io - Documentation & API Reference
- Smash Tier List (source)
- HackDuke 2018 (source)
- HackerCamp Paty 2018 (source)
- Fullstack HQ: Web Design & Development Team in the Philippines
- Purposefinder - Discover your unique inner being and life path
- Goodly: Student Loan Repayment as an Employee Benefit
- Install the CLI:
$ yarn global add react-static# or$ npm install -g react-static
- Create a new project:
$ react-static create
- Pick a template! See the full list of templates
- Navigate to your new project:
$ cd my-static-site
- Start the dev server and edit some code!
$ yarn start # or react-static start
- Test a production build
$ yarn stage # or react-static build --staging$ yarn serve
- Build for production!
$ yarn build # or react-static build
Once you've installed and test driven sufficiently, you may want to:
Examples and Templates
All of the following examples can be used as a template at project creation.
- Blank (Create React App)
- Animated Routes
- Custom Routing
- Dynamic Imports (code-splitting)
- Firebase Auth
- Glamorous & Tailwind CSS
- LESS & Ant Design
- Styled Components
- Apollo GraphQL
- Apollo & Redux
- Cordova (Hybrid App)
- Basic Prismic (Headless CMS)
- Tailwind CSS
- Netlify CMS
- Gentics Mesh CMS
- Material UI
- Non-Static Routing
- On-The-Fly Routing
Can't find an example? We invite you to write one! Simply copy the
blank templates and make the necessary changes. Then submit a PR including your new example directory and a new item in the list above. When merged, your example will automatically become a template in the CLI. How magical!
Chat with us on the React Static Spectrum community!
Need some help? Have a quick question? Click here to sign up for the React Static Spectrum community! We are constantly answering questions, discussing features and helping each other out!
We are always looking for people to help us grow
react-static's capabilities and examples. If you have an issue, feature request, or pull request, let us know!
React Static uses the MIT license. For more information on this license, click here.