Just use react-native-web, it's evolved enough to fix a few things and this has been left behind a bit.
Use at your own risk.
Slimming down react-native-web, this does the following:
- Flow => Typescript
- Full ESModule support
- Vite compatibility
sideEffects: false+ tree shaking support changes
- merges concurrent mode fixes
- merges the experimental fully concurrent safe / functional
- ❌ VirtualList, FlatList, SectionList
- ❌ Switch (going to be split out, in Tamagui already)
- ❌ Touchable* views (prefer Pressable)
- ❌ normalize-css-color
- ❌ inline-style-prefixer
- ❌ create-react-class
@tamagui/vite-plugin have an option
useReactNativeWebLite to help automatically setting this up.
Alias the following
- react-native-web$ => react-native-web-lite
- react-native-svg => @tamagui/react-native-svg