Play Install Referrer Library wrapper for React Native
|Troubles?||Report an issue|
react-native-play-install-referrer is a simple wrapper around Google's Play Install Referrer Library which offers basic functionality of obtaining Android referrer information from React Native app.
More information about Play Install Referrer API can be found in official Google documentation.
Version of native Play Install Referrer Library which is being used inside of latest react-native-play-install-referrer plugin version is 2.1.
Add plugin to your app
react-native-play-install-referrer plugin is hosted on npm repo and can be added from there.
yarn add react-native-play-install-referrer
npm install --save react-native-play-install-referrer
In order to obtain install referrer details, call getInstallReferrerInfo static method of PlayInstallReferrer class:
If successfully obtained, map with content of install referrer information will be delivered into callback method as first parameter. From that map, you can get following install referrer details:
- Install referrer string value (installReferrer key).
- Timestamp of when user clicked on URL which redirected him/her to Play Store to download your app (referrerClickTimestampSeconds key).
- Timestamp of when app installation on device begun (installBeginTimestampSeconds key).
- Server timestamp of when user clicked on URL which redirected him/her to Play Store to download your app (referrerClickTimestampServerSeconds key).
- Server timestamp of when app installation on device begun (installBeginTimestampServerSeconds key).
- Original app version which was installed (installVersion key).
- Information if your app's instant version (if you have one) was launched in past 7 days (googlePlayInstant key).
You should first check if second parameter in the callback - error is null or not. If not, for some reason reading of install referrer details failed. In case no error is reported, install referrer information should be delivered into the first map parameter of the callback method.
In case error is reported, you can get following information about the error:
- Response code: Error response code which native Install Referrer Library might return. Full list of potential response codes can be found in here (
OKwill never be reported in this property, since it's a success status code). Note: Error code field is not always present in error map - only if error created when one of the error codes from native Install Referrer Library is received; otherwise this field will be undefined.
- Message: Additional string message which describes error more in detail. Note: Message field should always be present in error map.
Under the hood
Important thing to notice is that in order to work properly, Play Install Referrer Library requires following permission to be added to your app's
Play Install Referrer Library is added to react-native-play-install-referrer plugin as an Gradle dependency and it will automatically make sure that manifest file ends up with above mentioned permission added to it upon building your app.
List of tasks to be done in this repository can be found in here.