Rally Test Case Export
This project allows to export a Rally Test Case to a stub method you can use to start implementing it in your platform of choice.
Currently it only supports Protractor so if you want support to your flavour of choice please add an issue along with your vision for the layout of the exported stub.
Just install it globally with npm:
npm install -g rally-test-case-export
First you have to create an account.conf.js file with your account details. Just check the directory where npm installed rally-test-case-export (
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/rally-test-case-export/, probably) go to the conf dir, copy
account.conf.reference.js and set up your rally account.
You just have to run
rally-tc-export <testcaseid> [console|clipboard]
Please note that the test case id is actually not the formatted id (ex: TC34553) but the id you can see on the link (ex: https://rallyurl/#/12334566/detail/testcase/5433334) At the moment you can chose if you want the output to be sent to the console or copied to the clipboard.
You are able to define your own template. The template file is in the same directory as your account conf file and it's called output.mustache. We're using Hogan.js, a templating engine that uses the Mustache as the template language. You have access to the following variables in your template:
- id - priority - name - objective - pre_condition - post_condition - validation_input - validation_expected_result - steps - step_index - input - expected_result
If you need any other property from rally please add an issue or do a pull request
- Fixed issue with some rally fields not being properly rendered
- Add "Objective" parameter and improve text legibility
- Improve text legibility of some parameters. Convert HTML to plain-text using "html-to-text" dependency
- Fixing loading template file (Issue #4)
- You now have the capability of defining your own template (Issue #1)
- Issue #2: Escape single quotes from values
- Issue #3: Fixed command line error message
- Fixed typo in README file
- Allows you to export rally test cases in a protractor/jasmine format either to the clipboard or to the console