Cross browser rich text editor
Instantiate a new Quill object with a css selector for the div that should become the editor.
<!-- Create the toolbar container -->BoldItalic<!-- Create the editor container -->Hello World!<!-- Include the Quill library --><!-- Initialize Quill editor -->
There are a number of ways to the latest or versioned copy of Quill.
npm install quill
bower install quill
- tar: https://github.com/quilljs/quill/releases
npm install -g grunt-cli npm install
grunt dist - compile and browserify grunt server - starts a local server that will build and serve assets on the fly
All tests assume the local server is running.
Check out Gruntfile.coffee and config/grunt for more testing options.
Get help or stay up to date.
- Follow @quilljs on Twitter
- Ask questions on Stack Overflow (tag with quill)
- Visit the discussion group
- If a private channel is required, you may also email email@example.com
Search through Github Issues to see if the bug has already been reported. If so, please comment with any additional information about the bug.
For new issues, create a new issue and tag with the appropriate browser tag. Include as much detail as possible such as:
- Detailed description of faulty behavior
- Affected platforms
- Steps for reproduction
- Failing test case
The more details you provide, the more likely we or someone else will be able to find and fix the bug.
We welcome feature requests. Please make sure they are within scope of Quill's goals and submit them in Github Issues tagged with the 'feature' tag. The more complete and compelling the request, the more likely it will be implemented. Garnering community support will help as well!
- Please check to make sure your plans fall within Quill's scope (likely through Github Issues).
- Fork Quill
- Branch off of the 'develop' branch.
- Implement your changes.
- Submit a Pull Request.
Pull requests will not be accepted without adhering to the following:
- Conform to existing coding styles.
- New functionality are accompanied by tests.
- Serve a single atomic purpose (add one feature or fix one bug)
- Introduce only changes that further the PR's singular purpose (ex. do not tweak an unrelated config along with adding your feature).
Important: By issuing a Pull Request you agree to allow the project owners to license your work under the terms of the License.