qian(乾)means heaven and
qiankunis the universe.
A quick recap about the concept of
Qiankun was birthed internally in our group during the time web app development by distributed teams had turned to complete chaos. We faced every problem micro frontend was conceived to solve, so naturally, it became part of our solution.
The path was never easy, we stepped on every challenge there could possibly be. Just to name a few:
- In what form do micro-apps publish static resources?
- How does the framework integrate individual micro-apps?
- How to ensure that sub-applications are isolated from one another (development independence and deployment independence) and runtime sandboxed?
- Performance issues? What about public dependencies?
- The list goes on long ...
After solving these common problems of micro frontends and lots of polishing and testing, we extracted the minimal viable framework of our solution, and named it
qiankun, as it can contain and serve anything. Not long after, it became the cornerstone of hundreds of our web applications in production, and we decided to open-source it to save you the suffering.
TLDR: Qiankun is probably the most complete micro-frontend solution you ever met
Qiankun inherits many benefits from single-spa:
📦Micro-apps Independent Deployment
And on top of these, it offers:
💪HTML Entry Access Mode
🔌Umi Plugin Integration
$ yarn add qiankun # or npm i qiankun -S
You can find the Qiankun documentation on the website
Check out the Getting Started page for a quick overview.
The documentation is divided into several sections:
examples folder, there is a sample Shell app and multiple mounted Micro FE apps. To get it running, first clone
$ git clone https://github.com/umijs/qiankun.git $ cd qiankun
Now install and run the example:
$ yarn install $ yarn examples:install $ yarn examples:start
- [x] Parcel apps integration (multiple micro-apps displayed at the same time, but only one uses router at most)
- [x] Communication protocol between the framework and hosted micro-apps
- [ ] Customizable side-effect hijacker
- [ ] Nested micro-apps
- single-spa What an awesome meta-framework for micro-frontends!
- import-html-entry An assets loader that supports html entry.
Qiankun is MIT licensed.