easily output text in lots of fun ways (speech, growl, email, ...)
putt is a node.js module that lets you easily output text in lots of fun ways. It wraps a bunch of other libraries to make this as simple as possible.
var putt = require('putt'); putt().speak("This is spoken aloud by your computer"); putt().desktop_notify("This appears as a desktop notification");
Supported output formats:
- Speech synthesizer (by say.js)
- Desktop notification (by node-growl)
- POST request (by restler)
- TODO: Email (by nodemailer)
- More coming soon... (SMS/call - twilio API, twitter/fb, ???)
speak to work:
- Mac: it should just work
- Linux: install Festival and see what voices you have available (e.g.
desktop_notify output to work, install:
- Mac: growl, including the
sudo apt-get install libnotify-binor equivalent