Pick several lines from file by line number.
npm install pick-lines-from-file
This module can be used for picking several lines from file. The main purpose is to pick one line which is probably important one and also context for it (a bit more lines).
Basic usage example
var linePicker = require'pick-lines-from-file';linePicker__dirname + '/zapovit.txt'lineNumbers3linesAround2fetchif !err//do something with data;
Extended usage example
var linePicker = require'pick-lines-from-file';linePicker__dirname + '/zapovit.txt'lineNumbers7linesAround4fetchif !errvar start = datastartAt;var linesCount = dataendAt - datastartAt;console.log'Total ' + linesCount + 'lines.';for var i = 0 l = datalineslength; i < l; i++console.log'#' + start + i;console.log'|' + datalinesi;;
Providing multiple line numbers
var linePicker = require'pick-lines-from-file';linePicker__dirname + '/zapovit.txt'lineNumbers1 4 3linesAround2fetchif !errfor var i = 0 l = datalength; i < l; i++console.logdatailines;console.logdataistartAt;console.logdataiendAt;;
- linePicker (String filepath) is LinePicker factory which accepts one parameter filePath - path to file which should be read. If fs.readFile returns error, it's being passed to callback provided.
- lineNumbers (Integer | Array lineNumbers) - defines center line number (which is most probably the one you are insterested in) or array of line numbers.
- linesAround (Integer linesAround) - defines number of lines to the top and to the bottom of center line which also will be returned from function. (e.g. for linesAround = 2 two lines would be taken to the top of lineNumber and to the bottom). If there are no more lines available at the start or at the end of the file, all possible will be returned.
- fetch (Function callback) - executes the query. Should be the end of method chain function which will be executed after file is processed. Function accepts 2 arguments. The first one is error and the second is data.
Data hash contains 3 properties:
- lines - array of lines picked.
- startAt - the first returned line number.
- endAt - the last returned line number.
- lineNumber - requested line number which was passed as an argument.
If single lineNumber was provided, data hash is returned from function, otherwise array of data is returned.
##Contributing Feel free to open issues and send PRs, though make sure that you create tests for new functionality and amend ones for fixes and changes.
npm test in order to see test results.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Semenistyi Mykyta email@example.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.