Distributed peer-to-peer caching
Distributed peer-to-peer load balancing using the P2P WebRTC API.
- Automatic scaling – the more people visit a page, the more seeders a given file has, and the less the server has to work.
- Doesn't send raw binary image data.
- Doesn't respect Cache-Control headers, will quickly result in loosing control of files.
- No security, anyone could seed invalid data to other peers.
- Since you can't set the DataChannel to reliable, files are limited in size.
- Due to the Same Origin Policy, images has to be hosted on the same origin as the signaling server.
npm install peerbalanced; npm install -d
Since it just barely works at the moment, I recommend against using it for anything serious.
redis-server; node index.js; open
Information about the protocol used can be found in the wiki.